Good Questions to ask a Real Estate Coach?
Coaching is like a student-teacher relationship, it is not meant to only be a lecture series. As someone trying to learn and develop skills from an expert who is willing to share, it’s vital to ask the right questions, in the right way, at the right time.
Personal Real estate coaching evolved out of agents’ need to get more support to be the best they can be. When the perspective of real estate offices amended from a few agents in most offices to often dozens, or even hundreds, the office often could no longer provide this support and guidance. Real estate coaching was born.
If you are facing a gap between where you are and where you want to be, then you absolutely should consider hiring a professional real estate coach to provide that support you need. Real state coaching is an umbrella term that usually includes three things: coaching, consulting, and training. All should be considered when interviewing a coach.
It’s extremely important to start off your mentorship on the right foot. Just like any relationship, you should start slow and build from there. Making a good first impression will likely set the tone for the entire relationship.
Consider starting with the following questions:
· How do you spend your time?
· What do you wish you would’ve known when you were just starting your career?
· What are some of the bigger mistakes you made when you were just starting out?
· What used to be some of your greatest weaknesses and how did you improve on them?
· Is this where you thought you’d end up?
Any sort of relationship has personal elements to it. Even a boss-employee dynamic involves sharing personal aspects of life. Asking questions that lead to sharing stories is an excellent way to build a relationship, relate to each other, and create overall trust. It also shows an interest in which this person is, outside of a business environment. For example:
· What are you most proud of?
Next, is a list of real estate specific questions to consider asking your real estate coach?
· To what extent have you been investing in real estate?
· What investment strategy have you had the most success with?
· How did you find your investing niche?
· What are your long-term goals within the real estate industry?
· What do you think is the best way for a beginner to get started in real estate investing?
· What specific things do you look for in an investment property?
· What REI technology do you recommend?
· Do you recommend any helpful resources as an investor?
· How do you feel about investing in property out-of-state?
· What is your approach to risk-taking?
· This is my financial situation, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?
· How do you make sure a project stays on a budget?
· How do you determine the difference between a good deal and a bad deal?
When it comes to the best questions to ask a real estate coach, there is no “best” answer. Make a list of questions to ask, that are relevant to your situation, before each meeting with your mentor. Every single interaction with your coach should be productive and efficient.
If you have any questions, you can schedule a coaching call with Real Estate coach SAWAND L. BELCHER.